Bold yet simple, sparkly yet subtle—there’s nothing quite like the allure of pavé fine jewelry. Whether you’re well-versed in the charm of pavé jewelry or want to learn more about the style, you’ve come to the right place!
Pavé fine jewelry features several tiny lab diamonds set around the metal of a piece of jewelry or engagement ring. It’s a stunning look for those that like flashy style, yet it can be designed with subtle sparkle for a more understated look.
We’ve put together some of the top pavé fine jewelry design options to consider. From bold styles that feature an abundance of glitz to simple pieces that accentuate your everyday look, read on to learn everything you need to know about pavé fine jewelry.
What Is Pavé Jewelry?
Pavé (pah-vey) jewelry features several tiny gemstones like diamonds that “pave” the band or metal. Pavé is a French word meaning “pavement.” Pavé designs have been popular for jewelry pieces for quite some time, given that they add both dimension and sparkle to the appearance of an adornment.
Whether you choose a piece of stunning pavé fine jewelry or a pavé setting, you can’t go wrong with its captivating look. In addition to its dazzling appearance, pavé jewelry is becoming increasingly popular because of its affordability. This is because it’s more cost-effective to add many small diamonds than it is to have a few larger diamonds.
How to Choose Pavé Jewelry
Pavé jewelry is a great choice for those with an elegant, timeless style. The intricate detail of the many lab grown diamonds adds depth to any engagement ring, wedding band, or piece of fine jewelry.
But when it comes to choosing the right type of pavé jewelry, it can be difficult to get just right based on your style, preferences, and budget. One of the best advantages though is that no matter the style or jewelry design you like, you can almost always add pavé detailing.
In order to choose the right pavé jewelry piece, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Choose a setting style: When it comes to jewelry, there are multiple pavé setting styles to choose from. These include U cut pavé, micro pavé, and petite pavé to name just a few. Each one offers a different profile look as the setting features unique metalwork. Selecting the right setting will ensure the style matches the everyday accessory look you’re going for.
- Consider how bold you want to go: While all pavé jewelry is relatively bold given its abundance of sparkle, you choose how bold you want to go. For a bolder look, choose large pavé diamonds or a multi-band look. For a more understated look, choose a single accented band with small pavé diamonds.
- Decide on the price point: Before any fine jewelry purchase, it’s a good idea to decide on a budget. This will ensure you don’t go over your price point when shopping. An important component of price point is whether you choose mined or lab grown diamonds. Lab diamonds are optically, chemically, and physically the same as mined diamonds but cost up to 50% less.
Best Pavé Jewelry Styles
When considering pavé fine jewelry, there are many different styles to choose from. Whether you’re looking to add just a hint of sparkle to your fine jewelry or want to go all-out, there’s a pavé style for you. We put together some of the top jewelry styles to choose from that will look dazzling worn on your left hand as a wedding ring or right hand as a fashion ring.
From pavé necklaces to bracelets and pavé rings that can be worn to represent marriage or your everyday styles, here are the best pavé jewelry styles to choose from.
Petite Pavé Ring
One of the most popular pavé fine jewelry styles is the petite pavé ring. It features small pavé lab diamonds set in a U cut setting around half of the band. This creates a stunning profile pattern and allows for a more comfortable wear, and echos an understated style when worn as a right hand ring.
Pavé Circle Necklace
When designed in fine jewelry, a circle represents never-ending love. So what could make a circle necklace better? Adding stunning pavé diamonds to showcase an abundance of sparkle. The diamond pavé circle necklace does not disappoint with 32 lab diamonds adorning the center circle. It’s an everyday statement piece you won’t want to take off.
Channel Set Pavé Ring
Along with the petite jewelry style, the channel set pavé ring is also a favorite among fine jewelry lovers. The channel setting features a series of small, uniform lab diamonds set in a channel in the band of the ring. The channel setting holds the pavé diamonds in place better than other setting styles, making it a great choice to reduce the chance of losing stones.
Pavé Bolo Bracelet
A pavé bracelet brings all the glam. The pavé bolo bracelet features pavé diamonds around the entire band, bringing all the radiance you could ever want in a bracelet. While it features a striking look, it can be worn for both casual and dress-up ensembles to go from day to night. Show the glimmer with a pavé bracelet.
Round Cut Pavé Ring
Round brilliant diamonds are exquisite and timeless, making them great options for a pavé style. The round diamond is the most brilliant cut due to its perfectly symmetrical facet pattern. This makes the round cut pavé ring extra captivating and sparkly, which is even more accentuated due to the double band.
Pavé Halo Earrings
When it comes to diamond earrings that steal the center stage, pavé diamonds are a hidden secret. Studs are great alone but add pavé accents, and you’ve got halo earrings that won’t disappoint. Cluster halo earrings yield maximum brilliance with 66 total lab diamonds. From day to night, casual to formal, you can’t go wrong with a stunning pair of pavé halo earrings.
How to Style Pavé Jewelry
Since pavé jewelry is a timeless jewelry style, styling it correctly is as simple as finding the look that matches your personality. Pavé jewelry is relatively bold when it comes to sparkle, meaning it’s commonly worn for more formal occasions.
That said, and depending on the boldness of the piece, pavé jewelry can be styled down for a more casual look. Consider these styling best practices for pavé pieces.
- Wear pavé jewelry for formal occasions: Pavé jewelry is bold and dazzling, making it perfect for formal occasions and dressed-up looks. Be sure to flaunt your brilliant jewelry at your next wedding, dinner party, or work event.
- Let your pavé accessory be the center of attention: While the dazzling qualities are what make pavé accessories so charming, they can be hard to pair with other jewelry pieces. A good rule of thumb is not to overdo the sparkle will other bold pieces. Doing so could cause your jewelry to clash.
- Wear multiple pavé accessories for a daring style: While you don’t have to clash your pavé jewelry with other bold pieces, wearing multiple different pieces is an exception. This is because the pairing of the same design will be echoed throughout your wardrobe staples. So, wear one or wear them all.
By following these styling tips, you’ll be able to accessorize with sparkle using stunning pavé fine jewelry. If you’re still unsure if pavé jewelry is right for you, consider whether pavé diamonds are worth the hype.
Are Pavé Diamonds Worth It?
Given that pavé diamonds are a dazzling jewelry design, we think they’re worth it. Of course, the choice to buy pavé diamonds is a personal one. While pavé jewelry may be slightly more expensive because of the number of diamonds they feature, they radiate luster and will be the perfect finishing touch to any formal outfit.
Pavé diamond settings are a beautiful and affordable way to make your fine jewelry stand out. Some tips to keep in mind when buying pavé jewelry include:
- Always keep the 4Cs of diamond quality in mind when choosing the right pavé fine jewelry.
- If you plan to buy a right hand and wedding or eternity ring with pavé accents, keep in mind resizing may not be possible. Size it correctly beforehand, or don’t use pavé accents around the entire shank when choosing a custom design for your wedding band.
- Choose lab diamonds instead of mined diamonds. Lab diamonds are better for the environment and are much more affordable.
If price is a concern, consider choosing lab diamond pavé stones instead of mined diamonds. Lab diamonds are up to 50% less than their mined counterpart. Like earth-mined diamonds, lab created diamonds are made of carbon. But while natural diamonds pulled from the earth are created over millions of years under intense heat and pressure, man made diamonds are grown fairly quickly in a lab from a single carbon seed. This makes them superior in every way.
If you need help choosing the right piece of pavé jewelry, reach out, and we can find the perfect piece for you or your loved one.